Author Notes: One rainy day the cabinets were nearly bare but with a bit of this and that this soup was created and perfect paired with a deli sandwhich or salad. - JennT1981
- 1 can French Onion soup
- 1/4 cup beef broth
- 3/4 cups water
- 1/4 cup beer
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 dash pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 slices sour dough
- 2 slices Swiss cheese
- 2 slices gruyere
- Preheat oven to broil, or 500 degrees F.
- In a medium sauce pan combine, soup, broth, water, beer, vinegar, pepper and brown sugar.
- Bring to boil, reduce heat to low and simmer about 5 minutes for flavors to meld.
- Evenly pour soup into two 5 ounce oven proof ramekins.
- Top each ramekin with a slice of sour dough, Swiss and gruyere.
- Place on a baking sheet and broil until cheese is golden and bubbling, about 3 to 5 minutes.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Onion or Garlic Soup