If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: One rainy day the cabinets were nearly bare but with a bit of this and that this soup was created and perfect paired with a deli sandwhich or salad. —JennT1981
- 1 can French Onion soup
- 1/4 cup beef broth
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup beer
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 dash pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 slices sour dough
- 2 slices Swiss cheese
- 2 slices gruyere
- Preheat oven to broil, or 500 degrees F.
- In a medium sauce pan combine, soup, broth, water, beer, vinegar, pepper and brown sugar.
- Bring to boil, reduce heat to low and simmer about 5 minutes for flavors to meld.
- Evenly pour soup into two 5 ounce oven proof ramekins.
- Top each ramekin with a slice of sour dough, Swiss and gruyere.
- Place on a baking sheet and broil until cheese is golden and bubbling, about 3 to 5 minutes.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Onion or Garlic Soup
Genius Recipes for a Genius Labor Day
Beans! Pimento cheese! pies!
Genius recipes for a genius Labor Day.
Ways to a money-saving kitchen.
Alice Waters's favorite tools.
The Hudson Valley's where it's at.
Get your shine on.