If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: You CAN teach an old dog new tricks! I've learned so much from food52. When amreen submitted the recipe for "Lazy (Wo)mans Bread Pudding" it made me realize that I can make a small batch of bread pudding on a Sunday for brunch. This morning, I was going to bake blueberry muffins, but decided to make bread pudding instead. I'm not a berry fan myself, but my family loved it. - nannydeb
- 1/2 loaf Italian bread
- 2 cups milk
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon cardamom
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/2 cup blueberry jam
- lemon juice for thinning
- Chop the stale bread into one inch cube pieces and set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Butter a 8x8 glass baking dish.
- Whisk together milk, eggs, vanilla, cardamom, lemon juice, lemon zest and sugar.
- Add the bread cubes and let it absorb the milk mixture for about 20 minutes.
- Fold in the blueberries and pour into the prepared pan.
- Bake for about an hour or until set.
- In a small bowl, thin the blueberry jam with lemon juice. Drizzle the jam mixture over the bread pudding and serve.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Breakfast Baked Good
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Bread Pudding (Sweet, not Savory)
It's Time to Rhyme
The staff at Food52 give us their best haikus.
Do you haiku?
It's Snack Time
Whiskey Peach Smash
Shop Spring Cleaning
Bake yourself breakfast.