Author Notes: I have recently discovered Brown Rice Cream (organic made by Erewhon) which is very similar in texture to polenta, but with a slightly nuttier flavor. Brown Rice Cream is marketed and intended as a hot breakfast cereal, but after having it for breakfast this morning w/ a little goat butter and sugar...and with the tastes still lingering in my mouth...the sky beginning to darken slightly...and my mind wandering back to Italy (yet again) I thought I could make something very interesting for lunch. Here it is, creamy, hot decadent and delicious. Just what I needed to perk me up! - coffeefoodwritergirl
Serves 2 as a main course
- ½ cup (organic) brown rice cream (I used Erewhon)
- 2 cups filtered water
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoons goat butter
- 1 tsp. wild porcini salt OR ¼ cup porcini mushrooms, sliced and sautéed in olive oil until tender.
- ½ cup + 2 Tbs. pecorino (grated)
- white truffle oil (for drizzling)
- fresh ground black pepper (fine)
- Add brown rice cream, water and sea salt to saucepan and stir to dissolve. Turn up heat to high and bring to boil; stirring occasionally, then reduce heat and simmer and stir until thickened (about 3 mins.)
- Turn heat to low. Add goat butter, porcini salt OR sautéed porcinis and pecorino and stir until melted.
- Serve into bowls; drizzle with a little truffle oil and add a few grinds of black pepper. Enjoy!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Risotto (Savory)