If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I have recently discovered Brown Rice Cream (organic made by Erewhon) which is very similar in texture to polenta, but with a slightly nuttier flavor. Brown Rice Cream is marketed and intended as a hot breakfast cereal, but after having it for breakfast this morning w/ a little goat butter and sugar...and with the tastes still lingering in my mouth...the sky beginning to darken slightly...and my mind wandering back to Italy (yet again) I thought I could make something very interesting for lunch. Here it is, creamy, hot decadent and delicious. Just what I needed to perk me up! - coffeefoodwritergirl
Serves 2 as a main course
- ½ cup (organic) brown rice cream (I used Erewhon)
- 2 cups filtered water
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoons goat butter
- 1 tsp. wild porcini salt OR ¼ cup porcini mushrooms, sliced and sautéed in olive oil until tender.
- ½ cup + 2 Tbs. pecorino (grated)
- white truffle oil (for drizzling)
- fresh ground black pepper (fine)
- Add brown rice cream, water and sea salt to saucepan and stir to dissolve. Turn up heat to high and bring to boil; stirring occasionally, then reduce heat and simmer and stir until thickened (about 3 mins.)
- Turn heat to low. Add goat butter, porcini salt OR sautéed porcinis and pecorino and stir until melted.
- Serve into bowls; drizzle with a little truffle oil and add a few grinds of black pepper. Enjoy!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Risotto (Savory)