Author Notes: Nearly 30 years ago, a friend hired a chef to teach us how to make ultra-easy summertime desserts like Bananas Foster and this dessert, simple and pure but full of summer flavor. When melons, strawberries or peaches are in season, I prepare some of the bounty for the freezer so that I can make this in 30 seconds. I've substituted plain yogurt and vanilla yogurt, but we like it best with cream. - betteirene
- 2-3 cups frozen seedless watermelon, cantaloupe or honeydew balls, or peeled, pitted and frozen peach slices, or whole frozen strawberries
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon honey (optional)
- Place fruit in the bowl of a food processor fitted with the metal blade. Pulse until fruit is a smooth but firm slush.
- With blade running, pour cream and honey, if using, through feed tube and process until well blended, about 15-20 seconds.
- Spoon into bowls and serve immediately.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Frozen Dessert