If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I used a mix of strawberries, raspberries and threw in some blueberries as well. The strawberries can be prepared in advance, tossed in a bit of sugar and refrigerated for a few hours. It's a great dessert to serve in winter. —jas53
- 1 pound strawberries
- 4 egg yolks
- 3 - 4 tablespoons sugar
- 4 tablespoons cream fraiche or table cream
- 1 tablespoon Cointreau (or rasberry liqueur)
- Cut the strawberries in half lengthwise and arrange in the gratin dish (together with any other berries you want to add).
- Whisk the egg yolks, cream, liqueur and sugar in a bowl, then place the bowl in a barely simmering bain-marie.
- Continue whisking the mixture until it starts to thicken and form "ribbons", then pour immediately over the berries.
- Bake for about 5 minutes (or until nice and golden) on the middle rack of the oven pre-heated to 300 Celcius (550 Farenheit).
- Serve while still warm and enjoy!
Orange You Glad?
A better, more carrot-y carrot cake
A more carrot-y carrot cake.
Alice Waters's favorite tools.
Meet beaver tails.
Get your shine on.