If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: When I was little, polenta was one of my favorite meals. Mom would spread any leftover polenta in a pan, chill it, and the next day we’d have pan-fried polenta – another great treat. - mrslarkin
- 2 cups cornmeal
- 2 teaspoons sea salt or kosher salt
- 7 cups cold water, divided
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 or more cups Bolognese sauce, ragu, or other sauce of your choice
- Parmigiano Reggiano
- Bring 5 cups water and salt to a boil.
- Stir corn meal into 2 cups cold water until smooth. Slowly add to boiling water and whisk. Reduce heat to simmer. Continue to whisk for 5 to 8 minutes. Whisk in butter until melted. Taste for salt.
- Spoon the polenta into warmed shallow pasta bowls. Top with ragu, Bolognese, or sauce of your choice. Or drizzle with olive oil. Sprinkle with grated Parmigiano Reggiano.
Butter, Butter, Repeat
Puff pastry: No pain, all the gain.
Puff Pastry Primer
Shop our Father's Day collection.
Recipe of the Day
All the spring pastabilities.
That was a close shave.