If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Roasting vegetables is great on so many levels: Though they may end up shriveled and wrinkly (I like to call this the “rustic” look), any sugars they contain are caramelized. This intensifies the vegetable’s flavor. Sometimes, I’ll cut carrots into thin, fry-shaped strips, toss them in olive oil and salt and crank up the oven until they’re almost black. The end result is a concentrated and heightened carrot flavor.
For potatoes, I don’t go as extreme, but I do like me a fairly browned spud. My favorite part about them is the crisp, almost leathery skin they develop while roasting. With a slight tug of your teeth, the skin releases a pillowy center, which, in this recipe, is achieved by adding salt before roasting to draw out a small amount of moisture from the potatoes. —Furey and the Feast
Serves 6 to 8
- 3 pounds red rose potatoes
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 2 teaspoons dried rosemary, crushed slightly
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Cut potatoes into quarters or small, bite-sized pieces. Place on a large, parchment-lined rimmed baking pan.
- Drizzle olive oil over potatoes. Add garlic, rosemary, salt and pepper (don’t overdo it; you can always add more after roasting). Using your hands, toss potatoes to coat in olive oil and to distribute garlic and rosemary.
- Dot potatoes with small pinches of butter.
- Place baking pan in oven and roast for 25 to 35 minutes, or until potatoes are tender and browned. (I actually like them really browned, so I leave them in there for about 10 to 15 minutes more). Season with salt and pepper, if needed.
The Key to Okonomiyaki
Meet your new favorite Japanese dish
Your new favorite Japanese dish.
Bring some flare to your cookout.
Life's better with snacks.
You haven't thai'd this before.
A better basket.