If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Sauteed beetroot in warm and spicy yogurt gravy. Traditional South Indian side-dish. Broadly translated, it refers to food which has been pounded. The definition of the word 'Pachadi' is different among different South Indian regions. While in Indian states like Kerala and Tamilnadu, pachadi is a side-dish curry similar to the north Indian Raita, in Andhra Pradesh, pachadi is analogous to Indian pickles and is preserved for several months, though some people classify that as "Urakai" and claim pachadi to be fresh (See Andhra Pachadi). In Kerala and Tamilnadu states pachadi is eaten fresh and typically made of finely chopped and boiled vegetables with coconut, green or red chillies and tempered in oil with mustard seeds, ginger and curry leaves. Curd/yogurt based pachadi can be made of any vegetable, although cucumbers, squash, mango, bitter gourd or pineapple are common. Pachadi is commonly eaten with rice and a lentil curry. - pauljoseph
- 2 cups Beetroot thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 cups yogurt
- 3 pieces Green chili: (chopped)
- 1/2 piece Ginger : chopped
- 1/2 cup Grated coconut
- 1 tablespoon Coconut oil
- 1/2 tablespoon Mustered seeds
- 1 piece Dry red chili
- 1 sprig Curry leaves
- Salt: to taste
- Sauté and remove Beetroot in little oil . Toss the fry beetroot with a little salt
- Grind together the grated coconut, green chilies, ginger and add this mixture to the fry beetroot and cook again with little water.
- Heat a pan. Add oil and splutter mustard seeds, curry leaves and red chili and pour it to the mixture.
- Allow this mixture to cool
- Finally, add the yogurt into this mixture and mix well
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Condiment
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Beets
You're the Best, Forget the Rest
The World's 50 Best Restaurants have nothin' on these recipes.
The best restaurant? Your kitchen.
Orecchiette with a bite.
Treats for your beach bag.
These are mmmpanadas.
You won't be board with this game.