If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Interestingly beets are a great substitute for the classic cucumber in this dish. I have had great success serving it as a side dish for fish such as cod or tilapia. - Mettch
- 2.5 cups greek yogurt (I use 0.5% which works just fine)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 head minced garlic (or less if you don't love garlic as much as I do)
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 large beets (probably a bit more than one pound)
- 1 handful of fresh mint, chopped finely
- Mix together the yogurt and the salt. Let it drain in a coffee filter for a few hours.
- Add olive oil and garlic and a bit of pepper (depends on your preference).
- Shred the beets roughly and just before serving add them to the yogurt mixture as well as the mint.
Each Peach Pear Plum
Poetry for your market basket.
Poems for your fridge.
Wine to go, without the box.
Go play outside!
Make your houseplants do double duty.