If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A few weeks ago, after seeing a vampire movie, I couldn’t bring myself to prepare a meatful dinner, which worked out just fine since I had made a haul at the Farmer’s Market earlier that morning. Unfortunately, I hit up the farmer’s market prior to the blood-sucking vampire movie, and didn’t think twice about buying dark, blood-red beets that stained everything a bright crimson and left a slightly unsettling red juice in the bottom of the roasting pan…good thing the sweet earthy caramelized veggies and tangy kale were so delicious that I dismissed the color and devoured every last bite (juice and all) with the ravenous blood-thirst of a thousand vampires. —Loves Food Loves to Eat
Serves 2 as a main course, 4 or more as a side
For Roasted Veggies
- 1 large parsnip- sliced in 'fries'
- 1 large turnip-sliced in thickish coins
- 2-3 medium sized beets- halved and quartered
- 2-3 medium sized sunchokes- cut in 'chunks'
- 4ish cloves of garlic-peeled
- 1-2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1-2 teaspoons fresh thyme
- A spoonful of dark molasses
- sea salt/ ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 400. Toss everything in a roasting pan with a splash of water and roast until golden brown, caramelized, and delicious. Anywhere between 25-40 minutes (just fork and taste check it).
Lemony Braised Kale
- 1 thinly sliced shallot
- olive oil
- red pepper flakes
- 1-2 cups chicken broth
- Juice from 1/2 large lemon
- 1 big bunch of kale
- Sauté shallot in olive oil in a large pot (I used my large nonstick wok). When golden, add salt (about a ½ teaspoonish…or more, depending), a pinch of red pepper flakes, lemon juice, and broth. Slowly add kale, letting wilt before adding more. Cook down in this fashion for 5-10 minutes, to desired consistency. Serve kale and juices in a shallow bowl, topped with roasted veggies.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Beets
No Laffy Matter
How to make peanut butter salt water taffy
How to make salt water taffy.
No-bake desserts are cool.
Free shipping! Use code FIREWORKS.
The freedom to snack.
We're obsessed: wooden everything.