Author Notes: This recipe is simple but delicious. Roasting the chicken long and slow ensures its fall-off-the-bone succulence. (Note: This chicken recipe also works great in a crock pot). - RellaBellaK
- 1 pound baby potatoes
- 3 onions, sliced into rings
- 12 garlic cloves, cracked & peeled
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 fryer (4-5 lbs), rinsed & giblets removed
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 blood oranges, slices into rings
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees and cover a roasting pan with heavy duty foil.
- Slice potatoes into thick rounds. Spread potato rounds, rings of 2 onions & 4 garlic cloves in the bottom of the roasting pan. Pour orange juice over pan mixture.
- Combine spices and oil and rub liberally all over chicken, both over and under skin. Stuff remaining onion rings and garlic cloves along with blood orange slices under skin and inside chicken cavity.
- Place chicken in roasting pan. Roast uncovered at 300 degrees for 3-4 hours until skin is crispy and chicken is cooked through (roasting time will depend on size of chicken).
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Roast Chicken