If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This salad is full of texture and flavors: creamy, tangy, sweet, crunchy. It's refreshing on a summer afternoon and a hearty appetizer on a winter night. I love the addition of horseradish - beets and horseradish are perfect partners. This is my own recipe, one that I've made several times. You could purchase already-cooked beets and skip the step of cooking them. - adelaide
- 6 large beets
- 4 ounces walnuts, toasted and chopped
- 4 ounces creme fraiche
- 1 tablespoon grated horseradish
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoons chives, chopped
- pinches salt/pepper, to taste
- Place the beets in boiling water (skin on) for 30 minutes or until tender (use a knife to check). Peel the skins. Cut the beets into large dice.
- Gently combine the diced beets with the remaining ingredients. Season with salt and pepper. Serve on small plates as an appetizer.
12 Make-Ahead Egg Dishes for Easter Brunch
Hop to it!
Winner of Your Best Recipe with Honey
A sweet Q&A with Alexandra Higgins.
Style with a breeze.
Watch Amanda and Merrill Make Macaroni and Cheese Without a Recipe
Gouda riddance to powdered cheese.
Cauliflower Gratin With Mornay Sauce