Author Notes: i met up with 'A Razor, A Shiny Knife' in brooklyn a while back, this was my contribution to the experience - abuck
habanero simple syrup
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 habanero pepper quartered
- place all ingredients in the saucepan over medium high heat and stir until the sugar has dissolved and it has come to a boil.
- Turn the heat down to lowand simmer for 15 minutes.
- Cool on counter or in fridge/freezer, strain out habanero, then store.
- 1 batch habanero simple syrup
- 15-20 lemons, juiced
- 1 bottle of pimms
- Habanero lemonade- Make the habanero lemonade by combining the ingredients at a 1:1:3 ratio. (simple syrup/lemon juice/water)
- Cocktail- Mix up a batch of the cocktail at 1:2-3 ratio (pimms to habanero lemonade).
- Carbonate- Inject the soda bottle with pressurized CO2 for about 15 seconds while shaking. Note: this drink is also delicious without carbonation.
- Serve- Serve over ice with cucumber slices.