If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: i met up with 'A Razor, A Shiny Knife' in brooklyn a while back, this was my contribution to the experience - abuck
habanero simple syrup
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 habanero pepper quartered
- place all ingredients in the saucepan over medium high heat and stir until the sugar has dissolved and it has come to a boil.
- Turn the heat down to lowand simmer for 15 minutes.
- Cool on counter or in fridge/freezer, strain out habanero, then store.
- 1 batch habanero simple syrup
- 15-20 lemons, juiced
- 1 bottle of pimms
- Habanero lemonade- Make the habanero lemonade by combining the ingredients at a 1:1:3 ratio. (simple syrup/lemon juice/water)
- Cocktail- Mix up a batch of the cocktail at 1:2-3 ratio (pimms to habanero lemonade).
- Carbonate- Inject the soda bottle with pressurized CO2 for about 15 seconds while shaking. Note: this drink is also delicious without carbonation.
- Serve- Serve over ice with cucumber slices.
Egyptian Street Food at Home
Spend quality time with The Cairo Kitchen.
The Cairo Kitchen
Boost your Bagel
Fire up the grill.
Dipped Walnut Tongs
Portable picnic snacks.