If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Mes ami, the provenance of this roast chicken is a filmmaker friend of Madame's who found it great fun to cook one evening for her. I must say I like this simple, flavorful preparation. - La Bonne Femme
- 1 Whole chicken
- 1 tablespoon Butter
- 1 tablespoon Olive oil
- 1 Boursin cheese, plain or flavored
- Salt and pepper
- Wash and thoroughly dry the chicken. Salt it all over lightly. Place the cheese in the chicken cavity.
- Melt butter with oil in an ovenproof casserole or deep skillet. Add the chicken
- Roast at 425 for 10 minutes. Lower heat to 350 and finish roasting (45-50 minutes, depending on size).
- During the roasting period, the cheese will melt and seep out. This is the sauce.
- Remove chicken to a platter. If needed, thin sauce with equal amounts of stock and white wine.
- Carve and arrange pieces on a platter. Pour the sauce over the meat. Season lightly with pepper. Serve.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Roast Chicken