Author Notes: Mes ami, the provenance of this roast chicken is a filmmaker friend of Madame's who found it great fun to cook one evening for her. I must say I like this simple, flavorful preparation. - La Bonne Femme
- 1 Whole chicken
- 1 tablespoon Butter
- 1 tablespoon Olive oil
- 1 Boursin cheese, plain or flavored
- Salt and pepper
- Wash and thoroughly dry the chicken. Salt it all over lightly. Place the cheese in the chicken cavity.
- Melt butter with oil in an ovenproof casserole or deep skillet. Add the chicken
- Roast at 425 for 10 minutes. Lower heat to 350 and finish roasting (45-50 minutes, depending on size).
- During the roasting period, the cheese will melt and seep out. This is the sauce.
- Remove chicken to a platter. If needed, thin sauce with equal amounts of stock and white wine.
- Carve and arrange pieces on a platter. Pour the sauce over the meat. Season lightly with pepper. Serve.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Roast Chicken