If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: My girls, who are all pretty good eaters, were rarely enthused when I'd bring in some beets from the garden. But this recipe, a far cry from my standard roasted beets/goat cheese salad, actually got them to ask for seconds. But be forewarned… this can be a bit messy, and beet juice stains… so use a dark apron, or just be neater than I usually am. —saenyc
- 1 shallot, minced
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar (or whichever vinegar you favor)
- 1 pound beets (larger are easier to grate)
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh black pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons strong mustard
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh herbs (parsley, chives, thyme)
- Place shallot in the bowl you’ll prepare the dressing in.
- Add vinegar to shallots and let stand for at least 30 minutes.
- Peel and trim the beets.
- Grate beets over large bowl. Let sit for ten minutes or so. Drain excess beet juice. (set aside for a healthy shot of deliciousness!)
- Add salt, pepper, mustard and olive oil to bowl with shallots and vinegar. Whisk until combined.
- Add fresh herbs and mix once more. (OPTIONAL)
- Pour over beets. Serve or refrigerate.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Beets
Go Greek (Yogurt)
The secret to lighter, tangier whipped cream
Yogurt whipped cream: your new go-to.
Bagel and lox, in a salad.
Savor the season.
Churn with confidence.
A board to go nuts over.