Author Notes: Beetroots and millet are mixed into sharp red colored gluten free burgers and fried in a pan.
We serve them in an organic sourdough baguette and topped it with mashed avocado, tomatoes, cucumber, red pepper, mayo, red onion, asparagus and some thyme. Spring is here! - Greenkitchenstories
Makes 10 burgers
- 1 cup Water
- 1/2 cup Millet (rinsed in hot water)
- 1 pinch Fennel seeds
- 4 Beetroots
- 1/2 Zucchini
- 1 Carrot
- 1 Onion
- 4 Eggs
- 1 handful Lemon balm (chopped)
- 1 teaspoon Sea salt
- 1 teaspoon Pepper
- 1 tablespoon Coconut oil
- Boil the water in a small pot. Add millet, salt and fennel and cook it on low temperature for 10 minutes.
- Set the cooked millet aside and grate beetroot, zucchini, carrot and onion.
- Mix millet, the grated vegetables, eggs and spices in a bowl. If the mixture feels to juicy you can add some flour, oat or some more millet.
- Start by test-frying one. Heat coconut oil in a pan and fry the burgers a couple of minutes on each side on medium heat.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Beets