If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Beetroots and millet are mixed into sharp red colored gluten free burgers and fried in a pan.
We serve them in an organic sourdough baguette and topped it with mashed avocado, tomatoes, cucumber, red pepper, mayo, red onion, asparagus and some thyme. Spring is here! —Greenkitchenstories
Makes 10 burgers
- 1 cup Water
- 1/2 cup Millet (rinsed in hot water)
- 1 pinch Fennel seeds
- 4 Beetroots
- 1/2 Zucchini
- 1 Carrot
- 1 Onion
- 4 Eggs
- 1 handful Lemon balm (chopped)
- 1 teaspoon Sea salt
- 1 teaspoon Pepper
- 1 tablespoon Coconut oil
- Boil the water in a small pot. Add millet, salt and fennel and cook it on low temperature for 10 minutes.
- Set the cooked millet aside and grate beetroot, zucchini, carrot and onion.
- Mix millet, the grated vegetables, eggs and spices in a bowl. If the mixture feels to juicy you can add some flour, oat or some more millet.
- Start by test-frying one. Heat coconut oil in a pan and fry the burgers a couple of minutes on each side on medium heat.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Beets
The Best Vegan Cookbook Tips
Better "bacon," tofu's texture, and more
The best vegan cookbook tips.
What to watch (and cook to) on Netflix.
It's time to travel.
Why you should be drinking tequila.
Off to market.