If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I love the way sweet recipes can be transformed to savoury versions. Recently, I've thought of Beet clafoutis, beet rosti....beet pancakes and beet crumble. Here it goes.... —Kitchen Butterfly
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 large beetroot (about 200g), peeled and roughly grated
- 30g cold butter
- 40g plain flour
- 30g parmesan cheese, finely grated
- Pinch of ground cumin and coriander
- Salt, to taste
- Cayenne pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees C
- Heat oil in a pan, add the sliced onions and saute with a pinch of salt for 2 -3 minutes.
- Add the garlic and the beetroot and fry for another 2 - 3minutes.
- Season with salt, pepper, ground cumin and coriander and let cook for another minute. Take off the heat.
- In a bowl, rub the butter and flour together until you get 'breadcrumbs'. Add the grated Parmesan to this mixture.
- Put the beetroot mixture in an ovenproof dish and sprinkle the crumble mix n top, using it all up. Bake for 25 - 30 minutes till the top is golden.
- Serve with some green veggies/salad. Enjoy
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Beets
What to Watch (and Cook to) on Netflix
Eat this from the comfort of your couch
What to watch (and cook to) on Netflix.
Why you should be drinking tequila.
It's time to travel.
Hone and design links we love.
Off to market.