If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I love potato dauphinoise...the sound of it, very posh sounding. and if you can have it with tatties, then beetroots are a logical alternative...me thinks! - Kitchen Butterfly
- 2 Large beetroots
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, softened
- Sea salt
- 150 ml double cream/combination of creme fraiche and single cream
- Chilli pepper/powder, to taste
- 1 teaspoon Fresh lemon thyme, chopped up
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C
- Peel the beetroots and slice thinly. Mix the garlic with the softened butter and lemon thyme, if using.
- Grease a small ovenproof dish and lay beetroot slices to cover the bottom
- Using a brush, spread some herby garlic butter over the beetroot slices and sprinkle some salt
- Spread a bit of cream over the top and cover with beetroot slices. Repeat till all the butter is used up. Finish with a layer of cream
- Bake for half an hour in a preheated oven
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Beets
Around the World in 16 Breakfasts
The most important meal of the day, the international way.
Breakfast: a worldly affair.
An Instameet by the Bay (Area).
Prep your pans for perfection.
Behind the scenes.
Stop the soap opera.