If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: One day I had ripe mangoes and avocados on hand and some fish to grill, so I thought I would make a simple salsa to go with the fish. It turns out that this beautiful salsa is wonderful with chicken, Mexican food, and curries as well as grilled fish. (Note: I just made this substituting 1/2 minced jalapeno in place of my normal addition of hot sauce, and I like it better!) - Bevi
Serves 4 portions
- 2 tablespoons shallots, finely chopped
- 1/2 to 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 ripe mango
- 1/2 jalapeno, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 ripe avocado
- 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar, or whatever you have around
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup, Grade B
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Put the chopped shallot and the diced bell pepper in a small bowl.
- Chop the mango, as illustrated in the photo, by scoring each half and slicing it off the mango skin. Add to the bowl. Then add the chopped jalapeno.
- Rough chop the avocado and add to the bowl. Sprinkle the lime juice over the contents. This will help keep the avocado from turning brown.
- Mix the olive oil, vinegar, maple syrup, and Dijon mustard to make a vinaigrette (this is a great dressing on green salads and slaws as well). Pour the dressing on the chopped ingredients.
- Fold the dressing into the salsa carefully, so as not to bruise the mango or avocado.
- Add salt and pepper to taste. Carefully combine and serve.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Avocados
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Maple Recipe
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Chili Pepper Recipe
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dish in the Raw
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Condiment
Freeze It Right There
Meet your herby, stir-fry savior.
The stir-fry savior.
Orecchiette with a bite.
Treats for your beach bag.
You won't be board with this game.