If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Courtesy of Adam Baumgart, now of Amy's Bread. Note that the dough has to be made a day before you want to enjoy your pizza. Also, Adam's a professional baker, so he uses very precise (and reliable) measurements. Time to get out that kitchen scale! And as bakers' ovens rarely get as hot as pizza ovens, a 500 degree oven is ideal for this dough. —Family Meal
Makes 1 pizza
- 10 ounces flour
- 6.2 ounces water
- .2 ounces salt
- .02 ounces instant dry yeast
- .5 ounces extra virgin olive oil
- Add all the ingredients to the bowl of an electric mixer. Mix until the dough comes together in a clean ball. The dough should feel strong when you pull against it.
- Place the dough in a bowl, and cover with plastic. Let it sit (ferment) for 2 hours at approximately 75 degrees F.
- After 2 hours, fold the dough in half and refrigerate overnight.
- 5 peeled, crushed tomatoes (fresh or canned)
- large pinches crushed red pepper flakes
- pinches salt
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 pound cremini mushrooms
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- salt and pepper
- 1 handful (small) parsley, chopped finely
- fresh mozzarella, sliced
- Make the sauce: Combine the crushed tomatoes, red pepper flakes, salt, and olive oil. Set aside.
- Saute the mushrooms: Warm butter and a splash of olive oil, add garlic and mushrooms, and saute until tender. Remove from heat and season with salt and pepper, and sprinkle with chopped parsley. Set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 500. Gently stretch and pull the pizza dough to desired thickness. Place on baking pan. Top with sauce, mushrooms, and thinly sliced mozzarella to taste. Bake at 500 degrees until the dough is cooked through and the cheese is beginning to brown.
Make Fruit Caramel
A case for blending your plums
Blend your plums—seriously.
Burnt Toast: Episode 11
It's time to travel.
You need to make this Indian spice mix.