If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I am such a fan of pairing all sorts of flavors with chicken then simply letting it go in the oven until perfectly roasted crisp but still juicy. The combination of tastes in this dish is delicate but still robust. - JennT1981
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 4 pounds whole chicken, clean and pat dry
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, cut in 1 inch pieces
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 3/4 cups fresh orange juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 2 sprigs fresh lemon thyme
- 2 sprigs fresh sage
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Pour broth into a roasting pan and set aside.
- Loosen skin from chicken breasts and thighs.
- Stuff pieces of butter evenly under skin and place chicken into roasting pan.
- Drizzle with white wine and orange juice under and on top of the skin to coat chicken.
- Season with salt and pepper and rub minced garlic onto surface.
- Brush with remaining melted butter and lay herbs on and around legs.
- Tie legs together with kitchen string, cover and bake for 20 minutes.
- Uncover and baste with pan juices.
- Continue cooking until no longer pink and temperature reaches 180 degrees F. at the thickest part of the thigh.
- Baste every 10 to 15 minutes throughout cooking.
- Rest poultry for 10 minutes before slicing and serving for juice to redistribute back into the chicken.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Roast Chicken