If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: One day while watching Tyler Florence on the Foodnetwork he was making his ultimate roasted chicken which inspired me to recreate this dish though changing the flavors slightly to suit our preferences. - JennT1981
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 slices bacon, diced
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary, minced
- 2 chicken legs
- 2 chicken thighs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In an oven proof skillet heat oil over medium heat and add bacon and rosemary.
- Cook until crisp, about 5 to 7 minutes.
- Remove and drain on paper towel; set aside.
- Season both sides of chicken with salt and pepper and add to same skillet skin side down.
- Cook until skin begins to set and crisp, about 5 minutes. Turn and cook another 3 minutes.
- Return chicken to skin side down in pan and place in oven.
- Cook 25 to 30 minutes until chicken is cooked through.
- Return pan to stove top over medium heat and remove chicken to a warm plate.
- With only one tablespoon of rendered fat remaining in pan stir in broth and lemon juice again scraping any bits from bottom.
- Return bacon and rosemary to pan and cook until sauce reduces and thickens slightly, about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Season with more salt and pepper to taste if needed and serve sauce spooned over chicken pieces.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Roast Chicken
What's sweet and sour and your new favorite ingredient?
The answer is tamarind.
Ottolenghi's secret ingredient.
Shop our Father's Day collection.
Live la vie en rose.
Take these foods to go.