If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I was actually inspired by an episode of Top Chef when creating this simple roasted chicken dish. Perfectly spicy and floral bringing very new flavors to the palate, for some of us anyway... - JennT1981
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 bone-in chicken breasts
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon ras el hanout, divided
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Heat the oil in an oven-proof skillet over medium high.
- Evenly sprinkle one half teaspoon of ras el hanout on each side of chicken.
- Add chicken to skillet, top-side down, and cook about 5 minutes just until golden.
- Turn over and cook another 3 minutes. Return to top side and transfer to preheated oven.
- Continue cooking until chicken is no longer pink and the temperature reaches at least 180 degrees F. This should take about 20 to 25 minutes.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Roast Chicken