If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I'm on vacation with my family at a lake house in New Jersey. We had a bag of local peaches that were getting on the wrong side of maturity, so I ran out to buy some supplies for these muffins. The general store only had salted butter, so I made them with extra virgin olive oil (I brought along many quarts) despite common wisdom, the flavor of the oil was not at all overpowering; it made the muffins crispy at the top and light and moist within. This recipe is adapted from my book, I Loved, I Lost, I Made Spaghetti; the original, "Welcome Back to the Big Apple Apple Muffins," is made with apples, butter, and whole wheat flour (all of which you are welcome to use here). - Giulia Melucci
Serves 1 dozen muffins
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 11/4 cup olive oil, any kind
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups peaches, pitted, peeled, and cut into 1/2 inch chunks
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Grease a dozen muffins pans (I used butter, you could probably use oil).
- In a large bowl mix the flour, cinnamon, baking soda, salt, and lemon zest.
- In a smaller bowl mix the oil, eggs and sugar.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry and stir until combined. Fold in the peaches.
- Spoon into muffin tins. Bake for 20-25 minutes. Let cool in pans for 10 minutes, then remove onto a rack to cool just to the point where you won't burn your mouth eating them, but they're still somewhat warm. Have a completely cool one later in the day to determine which you like better. Then go for a walk or a swim. Or better yet both!
How to Judge a Person by Their Ice Cream Choice
Are you a King Cone or a Klondike Bar?
Choose your ice cream wisely.
Brown butter Nutella skillet cookie.
Fire up the grill.
Festive Felt Barbecue Banners
Portable picnic snacks.