Author Notes: One of my favorite feta's is Bulgarian (sheep's milk) feta -- it has a slight tang and bite as compared to French feta which is a little smoother; richer. I like the rough angles of Bulgarian feta; the way it bumps up against the cool cucumber and the sweet blood orange. The mint is a refreshing bright bit at the end. - coffeefoodwritergirl
- 4-5 persian cucumbers
- 1 blood orange
- 1/4 cup Bulgarian feta
- white wine vinager
- extra virgin olive oil
- sea salt
- fresh ground pepper
- handful of mint
- Slice cucumber into thin disks. Cut peel off of blood orange with a knife; removing pilthy white outer stuff. Remove orange sections from between membranes by sliding a sharp knife between sections and removing. Place in bowl and crumble feta over top.
- Drizzle with olive oil and a few shakes of white wine vinegar. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Slice mint thin (save a sprig or two for garnish) and add to salad. Toss well. Garnish with sprig of mint and enjoy!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Cucumber Recipe
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dish with Blood Oranges, Feta and Mint