If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I was inspired by some really gorgeous, dark red cherry tomatoes in the Greenmarkets the other day. They reminded me of, well, cherries, which led me to this comforting classic. The rest is clafoutis history. I added the herb salad on top to cut the rich, chalky flavor of the goat cheese. I don't use any acid on the salad because I think the cheese is tart enough and the tomatoes have plenty of acid. Mix the herbs at the last minute, otherwise the salt will wilt them. —Meredith Shanley
Serves 4 for lunch
Cherry Tomato Clafoutis
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup whole milk
- 1/3 cup cream
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 12-14 cherry tomatoes
- 2 ounces goat cheese
- 2 handfuls fresh basil, chiffonade
- 2 handfuls fresh parsley, rough chop
- 3 tablespoons fresh tarragon, rough chop
- 3 tablespoons fresh chives, chopped
- 2 (drizzles around bowl) extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pinch salt
- 3 turns fresh cracked black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350, liberally butter a ceramic or glass baking dish (preferably round or oval)
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, milk and cream. Add salt, pepper, and flour, whisk until just combined.
- Place tomatoes into buttered baking dish, spread evenly. Pour custard mixture over top.
- Dot with goat cheese. Bake in oven until puffed and lightly browned, about 30-35 minutes.
- Once clafoutis is out of oven, toss together herb salad (make sure to do this at the last minute so the herbs are not wilted). Serve each slice of clafoutis topped with herb salad.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Tomato Recipe
In Queso Were Wondering
Cashews are the mvp of vegan ingredients
This queso is nuts.
Keep your bubbly bubbly.
Meet 2015's best sellers.
Our guide to the Eastern Shore.
Get your shine on.