Author Notes: I had scallops in the fridge and their sweetness really does compliment the flavors, but this salsa could easily compliment any number of things like a shrimp kebab, a juicy lamb chop or a grilled chicken breast. This is a quick and easy fix to a boring protein. - cheese1227
Serves 2 as an entree, 4 as an appetizer
- 2 blood oranges, peeled, sectioned and cut into 1/4 inch pieces
- 2 Navel oranges, blood oranges, peeled, sectioned and cut into 1/4 inch pieces
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon minced Serano chili
- 1/2 cup torn mint leaves
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup small diced onion
- 8 Sea scallops, dried and seasoned with salt and pepper
- 1 ounce butter
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta
- Combine oranges, chili, mint, olive oil and onion.
- Heat saute pan and melt butter. Sear scallops three minute each side. Remove pan from the heat.
- Mix feta into the salsa. Divide the salsa on two plates. Arrange the scallops on the plate with the salsa.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Scallops
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dish with Blood Oranges, Feta and Mint