If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I had scallops in the fridge and their sweetness really does compliment the flavors, but this salsa could easily compliment any number of things like a shrimp kebab, a juicy lamb chop or a grilled chicken breast. This is a quick and easy fix to a boring protein. —cheese1227
Serves 2 as an entree, 4 as an appetizer
- 2 blood oranges, peeled, sectioned and cut into 1/4 inch pieces
- 2 Navel oranges, blood oranges, peeled, sectioned and cut into 1/4 inch pieces
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoons minced Serano chili
- 1/2 cup torn mint leaves
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup small diced onion
- 8 Sea scallops, dried and seasoned with salt and pepper
- 1 ounce butter
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta
- Combine oranges, chili, mint, olive oil and onion.
- Heat saute pan and melt butter. Sear scallops three minute each side. Remove pan from the heat.
- Mix feta into the salsa. Divide the salsa on two plates. Arrange the scallops on the plate with the salsa.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Scallops
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dish with Blood Oranges, Feta and Mint
Have Your Campari—and Eat It, Too
Granita is really, really great
Spike your granita with campari.
The craziest chip around.
7 food-filled honeymoons.
Savor the season.
This pasta's mint to be.