If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I am ashamed to say that, for the most part, my brownies have come from a box. It's true. Then A&M put feta, mint and blood orange out there, and said think outside the box - see? (pointing UP at the top there) So - these brownies are outside of TWO boxes. They are just this side of fudge and ridiculously rich ... I also need to point out that without my friend Jolene's brownie recipe as a jumping off point these would never have happened so thanks to you my Cyclone friend!!! - aargersi
Serves everyone - friends neighbors and coworkers
- 2 sticks unsalted butter
- 6 ounces dark unsweet chocolate (I used Scharffen Barger 99% cocoa dark chocolate)
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- juice and zest from one blood orange
- 8 large mint leaves - minced
- 4 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cow milk feta
- Preheat your oven to 350. Melt the butter and chocolate together - I did this in a glass bowl in the microwave on half heat, but you could use a double boiler too.
- Whisk the sugar, orange juice and zest, and vanilla into the chocolate until it is very smooth and shiny.
- Now it should be cool enough to whisk in the eggs without scrambling them - do that. Then the mint.
- Stir in the flour until the batter is well mixed but don't get carried away and beat it to death.
- Break the feta into baby pea sized pieces and fold them into the batter.
- Spray your pan with baking no-stick, or butter and flour it. Your choice. No-stick is easier. You can use a 9x13, or of you like EDGES like we do, use the baker's edge ... it rocks - http://www.bakersedge.com/
- Bake at 350 for 40-45 minutes - depending on your pan and your oven. A toothpick should come out clean. Let them cool then cut into smaller pieces than you think you need because they are SERIOUSLY rich!!!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dish with Blood Oranges, Feta and Mint
Freeze It Right There
Meet your herby, stir-fry savior.
The stir-fry savior.
Orecchiette with a bite.
Treats for your beach bag.
You won't be board with this game.