If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is one of my go-to recipes when I want something light and easy during the warm months when tomatoes are in season. The mix of flavors is interesting but the contrast of the crusty bread, sweet tomatoes, fresh artichoke hearts with the extra touch of fresh parsley is in fact unexpectedly good. - Mettch
Serves 4 as starter/ 2 as an entree
- 6 aromatic tomatoes
- 1 glass artichoke hearts
- 1 bunch parsley
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 clove garlic
- 4 slices crusty bread
- Preheat the oven to 400 on grill function.
- Cut each tomato in two and remove the seeds in the center. Place them in a ovenproof dish, cutting surface down.
- Mix oil, vinegar, sugar, salt and pepper and pour the mixture over the tomatoes.
- Put in the oven for 15 minutes. Then turn around the tomatoes, pour some over the liquid on top of them and return to the oven for another 15 minutes.
- In the meanwhile, chop the artichoke hearts and parsley finely.
- Rub the bread slices with the garlic clove and grill them in the oven for 5 minutes.
- Assemble the bruschetti. Place the tomatoes equally on top of the grilled bread slices, then top with the artichoke hearts and finally the parsley.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Artichoke Recipe