If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I don't like spinach. It's a green. Growing up poor, in the South, in the country, we ate greens. Often. Usually turnip greens. And it ruined me for cooked greens. Fast forward several years, and I had a husband and 3 kids who liked spinach, and it's healthy. So I developed this method, which they all love and I can at least tolerate. - Kayb
- 3 bunches fresh spinach, washed, stemmed, dried
- 4 strips good slab smoked bacon, cut into 1/2 inch lengths
- 3 hardboiled eggs, peeled and diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan
- Boil, peel and dice eggs; set aside. Wash, stem and dry spinach; set aside.
- Cook bacon in a large skillet until almost crisp. If you're fat-conscious, drain all but 2 tablespoons of drippings; if not, leave them all in. Add garlic and cook until fragrant.
- Add spinach and saute until barely starting to wilt. Remove from heat, stir in diced eggs, and splash with balsamic vinegar. Serve immediately, topped with freshly grated parmegiano or pecorino or even asiago.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Vegetarian Holiday Side
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Spinach Recipe
A Genius Dinner Party: Part 2
Of course, it involves no-knead pizza dough.
A genius dinner party: part 2
A list of things we like.
All you need for Memorial Day.
Home & design links we love.
Mortar and pestle perfection.