If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I created this version of meatloaf becaus;e my husband's general response to the traditional American and Irish dishes that I grew up with is that they taste great, but would probably be better with Asian flavors —bklynforager
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup leeks, sliced
- 1/8 teaspoon lemongrass
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce, or nam pla
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon red curry paste
- 1 pound ground sirloin (grass-fed if possible)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- In a large saute pan, heat oil over medium heat. Saute onions and leeks until soft and fragrant. Add lemongrass, oyster sauce and fish sauce and continue to saute for another 3-5 minutes.
- Combine ketchup and curry paste, stirring well with a whisk. Reserve 2 1/2 tablespoons ketchup mixture.
- Combine remaining ketchup mixture with beef, onion mixture, salt and pepper, bread crumbs and egg.
- Divide beef mixture into 4 equal portions. Shape each portion into a 4x2 1/2-inch loaf. Place loaves on a jelly roll pan lighly coated with cooking spray.
- Spread reserved ketchup mixture evenly over each loaf. Bake for 25 minutes or until done. Enjoy!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Meatloaf
Let's Talk Valley
The Hudson Valley that is—here's where to go
The Hudson Valley's where it's at.
Cilantro lovers, take note.
Alice Waters's favorite tools.
Get your shine on.