If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I like to think of this as a gourmet Peace Corps meal: cheap, easy, nutritious, but gourmet-like delicious. —Loulies
Serves 4-6 as a side or 2 as a main course
- 4-5 large cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion, chopped
- good olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups french green lentils, rinsed
- chicken or vegetable broth
- large bunch spinach, washed
- 1 jar cubed feta in oil and spices, drained
- juice from 1 lemon
- Saute garlic and onion with olive oil in heavy-bottomed pot. Add lentils and stir for one minute. Cover lentils (one-inch over) with broth and bring to boil. Reduce heat to simmer and cook lentils until done. Add spinach, tossing until wilted. Add feta and squeeze lemon juice over.
- Serve warm or at room-temperature plain, or over brown or white rice.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Spinach Recipe
Hold Onto Those Stems
Over 30 recipes to put herb stems to good use
How to cook with herb stems.
Hatch chiles are worth the fuss.
We've got the summer blues.
Our favorite food reads.
A better basket.