If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I can't eat dairy anymore but I love palak paneer. After a number of trial runs (good thing my boyfriend doesn't mind being a guinea pig :)), I managed to create a pretty good approximation with this vegan version. - RellaBellaK
- 1 tablespoon light olive or vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, finely diced
- 3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 block tofu, pressed & drained
- 1 tablespoon garam masala
- 2 tablespoons mustard seed
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
- 12 ounces frozen spinach, defrosted
- 4 tablespoons vegetable stock
- Heat oil in large saucepan and saute onions and garlic until soft, 6-8 minutes.
- Cut tofu into 1/2-inch cubes. Add to pan and brown, 4-5 minutes.
- Add spices & ginger, stirring to coat. Add spinach & stock, bring to a boil, then turn down flame to simmer 15-20 minutes.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Spinach Recipe
Each Peach Pear Plum
Poetry for your market basket.
Poems for your fridge.
Wine to go, without the box.
Go play outside!
Make your houseplants do double duty.