If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: When my wife was pregnant with our first child in 2003 she got cravings for meatloaf. The only meatloaf I knew was my mothers, which is tooped with processed cheese slices and tinned tomatoes. I set-out to sate my wife's rather odd craving and create a meatloaf that we both would love. —mf37
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 1 carrot, peeled
- 1 rib celery
- 1 medium onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 pound ground pork
- 2 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons finely shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme
- 3 strips of bacon
- Preheat oven to 375F
- Combine milk and breadcrumbs, stir and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Finely chop the carrots, celery, onion and garlic (or blitz with a food processor)
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all of the ingredients (except the bacon) and mix well - it helps to use your hands.
- Shape the mixture into a loaf (I transfer the mix to a loaf pan and then invert onto a roasting rack). Slice each piece of bacon in half and layer the six strips width-wise across the top of the meat loaf.
- Bake for 1 hour or until a meat thermometer shows an internal temperature of 160F.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Meatloaf
We're obsessed with savory yogurt
Savory yogurt is whey cool.
A toast to toast.
Shop our new office.
DIY Nutter Butters.
We give it 8 tentacles up.