If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Did this as an intermezzo for a large gourmet dinner. It is cool, fresh and light with a kick of tequila if you like. Great for dessert at a BBQ! - Brian
- 1 Round Seedless Watermelon
- .5 cups Quality Tequila, Margaritaville Golden is very nice
- 1 splash Cointreau, Triple Sec
- 3 Limes
- pinches Kosher Salt or Hawaiian Pink Salt
- Coarsely chop watermelon in chunks and puree in blender until almost smooth, leave some texture
- Add Tequila, Cointreau and juice of 2 limes to blender and combine
- Pour into non-reative metal 9x11 pan and cover tightly with plastic wrap and place in freezer for at least 8 hours, breaking up and stirring every 2 hours for a chunky consistency
- Just before serving, thinly slice remaining lime into slices, rub around rims of martini glasses and coat rim with salt, mound granita in glass and top with lime slice and pinch of salt
- Alternately, lay lime slice on small plate and scoop granita on top and pinch of salt on top
- Tastes great if you wish to omit alcohol if you add just a touch more lime juice and a spoonful of agave nectar
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Frozen Dessert