If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I am one who often goes off of what I have to work with when creating dishes and this is one of those creations that my boyfriend would definately call a "cabinet vibration". It also falls into the category of my love for recreating classics, as arancini could be done almost any way. These are simple little bites that can be served at a get together all by themselves or topped with a meaty tomato sauce for a meal. - JennT1981
Serves about 20 balls
- 10 ounces frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed
- 3 cups cooked white rice
- 1 egg,beaten
- 1 cup mozzarella, shredded
- 1/2 cup pecorino romano, grated
- 1 pinch pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup plain bread crumbs
- 1 egg with tad water, beaten
- In a large pot, or deep fryer, heat enough oil to 300-325 degrees F.
- Combine spinach, rice, egg, cheeses and pepper in a large bowl and mix well.
- Shape into golf size balls.
- Prepare two shallow dishes, one with egg wash and the other with bread crumbs.
- Dip balls into egg wash then coat with bread crumbs.
- Begin frying balls in batches of about 5 until golden and just crisp, about 3 to 5 minutes per batch.
- Remove with slotted spoon, or spider, and drain on paper towel. Cool before serving.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Open House Dish
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Spinach Recipe
Have a Brew-ti-ful Day
Shop our newest caffeinated collection.
Everything you need for coffee and tea.
Your Memorial Day menu made easy.
A list of things we like.
Home & design links we love.
Add flower power to your espresso.