Author Notes: Ok ok, I know... this an old classic, one everyone grew up on and makes on the regular... except for me! Up until now, I had only had the classic spinach salad with warm bacon dressing, red onions, and hardboiled eggs ONCE! My family had a delicious, much different wilted lettuce salad (with hot bacon grease and milk dressing) in our lineup. Since the warm spinach salad is a new concept to me, I decided to run with it! - Loves Food Loves to Eat
- 4-6 cups fresh spinach
- 1/2 small red onion- thinly sliced
- 1.5 cups thinly sliced button mushrooms
- crumbled blue cheese
- 2-3 hardboiled eggs- sliced thin
- Toss everything except eggs in a salad bowl. Make dressing, add bacon (listed in dressing recipe), toss, and add eggs after tossed.
Warm honey-bacon dressing
- 5 slices bacon
- 1/2 teaspoon yellow mustard
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon finely diced shallot
- 1.5 tablespoons cider vinegar
- salt and pepper
- cook bacon in skillet until crispy. Drain, chop, and set aside. Pour off all about 1 Tablespoon of bacon grease.
- whisk together remaining ingredients.
- warm 1 Tablespoon of grease over medium heat, add dressing, and whisk until combined and heated through.
- Pour warm dressing over spinach salad, add chopped bacon, and toss. After tossing, top salad with sliced eggs.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Spinach Recipe