Author Notes: spinach and mushrooms, two of my favorite vegetables go great together, as a side dish or over polenta as a main course. - chez lady S
- 2-3 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic chopped
- 3/4 cups wild mushrooms ny combination of shiitake, porcini, chanterelle, oyster, portobello, and cremini)
- 8 ounces fresh spinach
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 pinches sea salt
- 2 pinches freshly ground pepper
- heat 2 tsp of oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add mushrooms and garlic and cook on low to medium heat about 8 minutes or until mushrooms are wilted and nicely browned
- add sea salt, pepper, lemon juice a tad more olive oil and simmer for a minute or two.
- add spinach and simmer 1 to 2 minutes, until wilted turning frequently.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Spinach Recipe