If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This recipe has cumin and coriander from Latin America. It has allspice form Jamaica. It has pastachios from Africa. When finished it reminds me of a terrine from France, though there is not much French about it. Thus, the name... Country Meatloaf. This version of meatloaf tastes great served piping hot with some Jamaican jerk sauce, instead of the classic ketchup. When cold, I like to treat it like a country pate' and serve it with a baguette, raw onion, pickles and mustard. My only rule when it comes to meatloaf is that it must taste as delicious chilled as it does coming out of the oven. I made this recipe small with only a pound of meat. Super easy to double and triple this recipe, but this size is perfect for the two of us with leftovers. —MyCommunalTable
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1/2 pound ground pork
- 1/2 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 gloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1-2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup panko crumbs
- 5 dashes worchestershire sauce
- 1 egg
- 2 1/2 tablespoons heavy creme
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated pecorino romano
- 1/4 cup shelled whole pastachios
- 4-6 strips of bacon
- I usually start with my ground meat first and make a well in the middle of the meat, then I start adding each ingredient one by one. Add all the ingredients on list, stopping at pastachios and bacon. Just a note: This time I used pecorino romano cheese, but I generally use what ever hard cheese I have on hand. It tastes great with parmesan cheese as well.
- Mix together well. I like to mix my meatloaf in a wide shallow bowl. My mom does it right on the chopping block. I can not imagine mixing meatloaf without getting my hands right into it. I have also made this meatloaf with ground veal and pork combination with great success.
- After meat mixture is mixed well, add in the pastachios and blend through out.
- Form into a loaf shape and place in baking dish.
- Wrap loaf with strips of bacon. Sometimes I like them to completely cover the loaf and other times I like to leave some space in between so that I can see the meatloaf. It depends on my mood and how much bacon I have.
- Place in a 350F preheated oven for about 40 minutes. Sometimes, I like to crisp up the bacon more by sticking under the broiler for a minute. Other times, it does not feel necessary.
In Queso Were Wondering
Cashews are the mvp of vegan ingredients
This queso is nuts.
Keep your bubbly bubbly.
Meet 2015's best sellers.
Our guide to the Eastern Shore.
Get your shine on.