If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is a somewhat quick, healthy recipe that's full of color and flavor! —mtlabor
- 1/2 cup red rice
- 1 cup water
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 & 1/2 pounds sirloin steak, sliced thinly
- salt and white pepper, to taste
- 1 onion, sliced thinly
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, minced
- 2 cups each of chopped kale, and chopped swiss chard
- 1 cup thawed frozen peas
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- small handful chopped cilantro
- juice from 1 lime
- In a small pot, cover the rice with water and bring to a boil. Cover and turn down to low for about 25-30 minutes, when most of the water has been taken up by the rice. You could definitely use white rice if you wanted to for this, but I think the red rice gives it a somewhat sweet aspect. Not sugary sweet, but just sweeter than your normal rice I suppose.
- When rice is finished, spread onto a baking sheet to cool.
- In a large skillet, heat up 1 tablespoon of the oil under medium high heat. Add the garlic and saute until fragrant, about 1 minute. Be careful not to let the garlic burn, so stir constantly.
- Season the sirloin strips with salt and add to the skillet with the garlic. Brown each side, about 1-2 minutes per side (depending on how thick you cut your slices) and then transfer to a plate.
- Heat remaining oil in skillet and add the onion and ginger. Cook until onion is soft and translucent, about 5-7 minutes. Stir in the kale and swiss chard and cook until wilted, about 1 or 2 more minutes. Then stir in the red rice, peas, and soy sauce. Add back in the sirloin strips, as well. Mix well and heat through. Season with salt and white pepper to taste. Stir in some of the cilantro and squeeze the lime juice over mixture. Mix well again. Serve while its hot!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe for Spring Peas
No Laffy Matter
How to make peanut butter salt water taffy
How to make salt water taffy.
No-bake desserts are cool.
Free shipping! Use code FIREWORKS.
The freedom to snack.
We're obsessed: wooden everything.