If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: If you are a fan of complicated recipes look away, this is not for you. What follows is quite possibly the easiest tastiest recipe for a frozen dairy dessert ever conceived. This can serve as a base for whatever mix-ins or additional flavorings your sweet tooth desires, but it is just as fantastic on its own. Try adding a little heat for a really nice kick, or perhaps add some texture in the form of candy bar or chocolate pieces. Clearly, the idea with this recipe is provide maximum enjoyment for minimal effort. Your taste buds will thank you. Enjoy and don't be afraid to make your own variation. If you don't have an ice cream machine, you can get one for around $20 and it doubles as the most fantastic margarita machine you have never owned. - AlexATL
Dulce de Leche
- 1 (can) Sweetened Condensed Milk
- Place can in either crock-pot or small pot with a lid.
- Fill pot with water until the water level is 3/4 of the way up the can
- Heat at lowest setting for 3-5 hours.
- Let cool completely.
- Try not to eat
- 2 cups Heavy Cream
- 1 cup Milk
- 1 (can) Dulce de Leche
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- 1 teaspoon Sea Salt
- Combine all ingredients until throughly blended.
- Cover tightly and Chill for at least 2 hours (overnight preferred)
- Put into ice cream machine and follow manufacturer's instructions.
- When finished churning put into freezer overnight and do not touch!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Frozen Dessert
Our latest fixations.
The recipes we've tested and loved.
It's Snack Time
Whiskey Peach Smash
What's in, what's out.
Wedding registry must haves.