If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Growing up during the summer time I remember often having this wilted spinach salad with eggs, tomatoes, mushrooms and bacon in a warm vinegarette dressing and it was so good. I am always trying to recreate that salad each time using different ingredients to see what fits just right, usually everything does. —JennT1981
- 1 hard boiled egg, peeled and chopped
- 4 slices turkey bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 pound fresh spinach, trimmed, clean and dry
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 2 stalks celery, sliced thin
- 4 ounces white button mushrooms, sliced thin
- 3 tablespoons blue cheese crumbles
- 3 tablespoons glazed walnuts, chopped
- 1 tablespoon spicy mustard
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon shallot, minced
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 pinch salt, to taste
- 1 pinch pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- In a medium pot cover egg with just enough water and bring to a boil.
- Cover and remove from heat, let sit about 15 minutes.
- Cool egg in fridge until ready for use.
- In the meantime heat a large skillet over medium and add bacon.
- Cook until golden and crisp, about 4 to 5 minutes per side.
- Remove to paper towel to drain and cool. Crumble when cool enough and set aside.
- In a small bowl combine, spicy mustard, honey, shallot, salt, pepper, lemon juice and balsamic vinegar.
- Stir using a whisk.
- Slowly drizzle in olive oil while whisking to emulsify the dressing.
- Pour dressing into same skillet that bacon cooked in and bring to medium heat.
- Scrape any bits from bottom using a wooden spoon.
- In a large bowl combine spinach, egg, bacon, tomato, celery, mushroom, blue cheese and nuts.
- Drizzle with warm dressing and toss gently to coat evenly and spinach begins to wilt.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Spinach Recipe
Cool Ice Cream Tips
They'll change the way you cook—er, churn
The coolest ice cream tips.
The zucchini spaghetti of Italy.
Savor the season.
Tennessee whiskey is the tops.
Orange you sweet.