If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: When I want to do something special for my hubby, I make this dish, which he affectionately calls his crack risotto. It contains the perfect combination of gruyere cheese, mushrooms, and asparagus, and is nice enough to serve to company too!. - Kerstin
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups chopped tender fresh asparagus
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup Arborio rice
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1 1/2 cups shredded gruyere cheese
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Heat olive oil over medium high heat in a large pan and sauté asparagus and mushrooms until tender, about 8 to 10 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Meanwhile, melt butter over medium high heat in a large stockpot. Sauté the onion for 5 to 7 minutes or until tender; add garlic and sauté for an additional minute. Add the rice and stir until well-coated and translucent. Reduce heat to medium and stir in 1 cup of chicken stock. Simmer, stirring occasionally, until the stock has been absorbed; add another cup and continue in this way until all the chicken stock has been absorbed, for about 30 minutes. Stir in gruyere cheese, lemon juice, and salt and simmer an additional 5 minutes or until desired consistency is reached. Stir in asparagus and mushrooms. Scoop into bowls and sprinkle parmesan cheese on top. Makes 4 servings.
Tags: serves a crowd
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Risotto (Savory)
Express your gratitude for sunshine.
Good day, sunshine.
The sun is out: Are you?
It's Snack Time
Gifts for Mother's Day
12 Recipes for a Stress-Free Week of Cooking