If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: My two most favorite cuisines are Mexican and Italian. I found a fun way to incorporate Mexican flavors into a classic Italian dish. Originally delicious! - JennT1981
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1 cup arborio rice
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 29 ounces chicken broth
- 10 ounces frozen corn, thawed
- 1/3 cup whole milk
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan
- 4 ounces fresh mozzarella, diced
- 1/4 cup cilantro, minced
- 1 pinch salt, to taste
- 1 pinch pepper, to taste
- In a heavy sauce pan melt butter over medium heat and add garlic and cumin, sauté for 1 minute.
- Stir in rice and cook just until almost golden, stirring constantly about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Begin adding broth a ladle at a time, stirring constantly and allowing rice to almost dry out in between broth additions. This should take about 20 minutes.
- Add corn, reduce heat and cook another few minutes.
- Stir in whole milk, parmesan, mozzarella, cilantro, salt and pepper. Let warm through a few minutes and serve immediately.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Corn Recipe
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Risotto (Savory)