If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Oven baked risotto does away with the constant stirring you have to do when you cook it on the stove top. I actually don't mind the mindless, constant stirring of the more traditional method - I find it therapeutic. But if you're short on time, patience or have other things to do, this is handy - and I have to say, I don't notice any difference in taste between the two. - cooklynveg
Serves 4 to 6 people
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped or minced
- 1 celery stick, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup arborio rice
- 2 &1/2 cups good vegetable stock
- 1/2 cup parmigiano reggiano cheese, grated
- 1 cup chestnut mushrooms, chopped
- 1 leek, washed and sliced
- 4 cups kale, washed and chopped, uncooked
- 1 or 2 lemons, juice of
- Preheat the oven to 350f Heat 2 tablespoons of the olive oil in a large, oven proof pan. Add the onion and cook for about 2 mins. Add the garlic and celery and cook for 2 or 3 minutes more.
- Add the arborio rice to the pan and stir briskly, next add the white wine and continue stirring until the wine is absorbed.
- Next add all the stock, half the cheese and a little salt and pepper. Bring to the boil stirring briskly, then cover with a lid and transfer to the oven. Leave it alone for 10 minutes.
- While that's in the oven, heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large pan, add the mushrooms and leeks to the pan and saute for 5 to 7 minutes. Next, add the Kale and continue to saute for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Take the risotto out of the oven and add the sauteed veggies to the pan and stir together. If a little more stock is need at this point, add it, but not too much. Cover and transfer back to the oven for another 5 to 10 minutes (depending on how much 'bite' you like the rice to have).
- Remove from the oven and stir in the remaining cheese and the lemon juice, plus some more salt and pepper taste. Serve topped with a little more cheese, a drizzle of olive oil or chopped fresh parsley if you like
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Risotto (Savory)
Just Like Mom Used To Make
Easygoing banana bread.
Easygoing banana bread.
Pasta e Fagioli
DIY Herb Rub
Vegetarian Ma Po Tofu
Go play outside!