If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This risotto is made with whole grain brown rice and aged gouda. I wanted to try to make a risotto with whole grain rice because my husband is on a restricted diet. It is not your typical risotto but it is pretty tasty! - Mac
- 1 cup whole grain brown rice
- 1 Meyer lemon
- 2 cups chicken stock/water
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Aged Gouda (hard)
- Heat a 12 inch skillet and add the olive oil and brown rice. The rice should cover the bottom of the skillet and not mound up. Toast the rice for about 5 minutes on medium heat. Add the zest of one lemon and its juice to the rice as it is toasting. In the meantime, heat your stock/water to a low boil and keep it warm on another burner.
- Add the white wine and let it simmer until it is absorbed. Begin laddling in the stock/water and let the rice simmer slowly. Stir frequently and keep adding liquid. Do not let it dry out. Keep doing this until the rice is the texture you like. This can take a long time!
- Take the aged Gouda and grate it over your rice as it continues to cook slowly. Stir it in until melted. Ecco!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Risotto (Savory)
Prep Makes Perfect
Put your best pan forth.
Prep your pans for perfection.
Make better coffee.
Breakfast: a worldly affair.
An Instameet by the Bay (Area).
Stop the soap opera.