If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: My friend, Amanda, gave me this recipe when I needed something to do with the veggies that came in a CSA delivery. It was fantastic! - marciw99
- 1 cup risotto (can also use barley but good old arborio is what we had)
- 1/2-1 cups chopped leeks
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme or whatever fresh herbs you might have around (I had parsley)
- 1 cup canned or precooked beans
- 5 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 cups chopped greens (can use the bok choy or the other greens)
- Heat broth in a sauce pan one the stove to a simmer.
- In deep skillet heat oil and saute onions or leeks until soft.
- Add rice or barley and saute a couple of minutes in oil.
- Add white wine and saute a couple minutes.
- Add 1 cup broth and saute/simmer until it is absorbed by the rice.
- Add broth 1/2 cup to 3/4 cup at a time and stir until rice absorbs it.
- Rice should absorb 4 of the 5 cups of liquid and be "al dente" (around 35 minutes). If you like creamier risotto, keep adding the liquid 1/2 cup at a time to taste.
- When rice is al dente, add beans and cook for a couple minutes.
- Add greens and cook until wilted.
- Salt liberally to taste and add fresh pepper. Add thyme or any other fresh herbs.
- Remove from heat and mix in parmesan cheese. Add butter for even more decadent risotto.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Risotto (Savory)
Your Recipe Diploma
A menu master class for the college grad.
A master class in recipes.
Lettuce love vegetables.
Wine tasting takeaways.
The Daily Grind
Bold and brewtiful coffee.