If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I couldn't resist. I had to try the bake method again to see if it really works. I thought I would try something less refined and more like crew meal. By far my favorite risotto. It will stand up to a big red but likes fruity whites too. Crusty bread is a must. If you don't like peeling tomatoes try grating them on a box grater. Cut them in half and put your palm on the skin side of the tomato and grate. The skin flattens like a pancake and you get all the juice and pulp. - thirschfeld
Serves 4 to 6
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 onions, sliced thin, about 1 1/2 cups
- 3 tablespoons fresh garlic, sliced
- 1 cup picholine and kalamata olives, pitted
- 1 cup salami, diced
- 1 1/4 cups carnaroli rice
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 3 cups chicken stock, hot
- 3 tomatoes, cut in half and grated on the large wholes of a box grater, should have 1 cup of pulp
- 3 cups manchego cheese grated
- 1/2 cup green onion, sliced into thin rings
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Place a 12 inch nonstick skillet over medium high heat and add the olive oil. Add the onion and cook until it starts to carmelize. You want the onions to be deep brown but not burnt.
- Turn the heat to high and add the garlic, olives and salami. Saute for a couple of minutes to blend the flavors.
- Add the rice and stir to coat the grains with oil. Add the wine and let the alcohol burn off.
- Add the stock, bring to a boil and cover tightly with a lid and place in the oven. Set your timer for 15 minutes.
- When the timer goes off remove the risotto from the oven and place it back on the stove over medium heat. Add the tomato, stir and then add the cheese and stir until blended. Ladle into bowls and top with green onion. Serve immediately with plenty of extra grated cheese.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Risotto (Savory)
12 Make-Ahead Egg Dishes for Easter Brunch
Hop to it!
Winner of Your Best Recipe with Honey
A sweet Q&A with Alexandra Higgins.
Style with a breeze.
Watch Amanda and Merrill Make Macaroni and Cheese Without a Recipe
Gouda riddance to powdered cheese.
Cauliflower Gratin With Mornay Sauce