If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I made this to post on my friend's desert blog. I had stuff around to make a cheesecake but I wanted to make one I didn't see very often. After making a butternut squash ricotta casserole I thought it might be good in cheesecake. —jnjack
- 2 cups crushed ginger snaps
- 1 stick of melted butter
- 2 average sized butternut squash @3 cups
- 24 ounces room temp cream cheese
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 3 eggs +1 yolk
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1/4 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 tablespoon salt
- In a bowl combine the ginger snaps and butter press into a 9" spring form pan. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Halve and scoop the seeds from the squash place skin side up and roast for about 30 minutes. Once ready, scoop the squash out of it's skin and into a bowl. Set aside to cool @15 minutes. Once cooled squeeze out excess liquid. I put the squash in a colander, let it sit over the same bowl it cooled in, then press with a spoon.
- In another bowl (or kitchen aid) beat the remaining ingredients together. I usually do this in the order they are listed. Then add the squash and continue to mix until everything's incorporated. Pour into the crust and bake for 50-60 minutes. You want it to be a little jiggly so it doesn't overcook and crack. Let it sit for about 15 minutes then cover with plastic and refrigerate for at least 4 hours.